A strong password is one of the most important lines of defense to prevent hacking. At a time of widespread cyberattacks, hacking and identity theft, here are a few simple password security tips:
- Never share your passwords with anybody, even if you trust them. You can trust your friends with other sensitive information.
- Don’t use the same password for all of your accounts. If a hacker breaches one account, at least they won’t have access to all of them.
- Create a password that is easy to remember but hard for others to guess. Something quirky and unique will do.
- Create a long password, with at least 8 characters. Try starting with a sentence and removing the spaces.
- Don’t forget to secure your phone with a password or fingerprint authorization. Your mobile devices hold a lot of sensitive information and are easy to misplace or have stolen.